Your Guide to Gas Water Heaters in Hagerstown, MD
Call Griffith Plumbing for Sales, Service, & Installation
Is your propane or natural gas water heater approaching the end of its lifespan? Our highly trained service technicians at Griffith Plumbing offer reliable propane and gas water heater installations and repairs in Hagerstown, as well as surrounding areas in Maryland and Virginia. When you need emergency gas water heater service, it’s comforting to know we’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our trucks carry the required parts to repair most gas water heaters, and our skilled plumbers will have your hot water flowing in no time. We service and replace 75-gallon hot water tanks**, 50-gallon hot water tanks, and tanks that hold more or fewer gallons than that for your convenience.
Benefits of Gas Water Heaters in Your Maryland or Virginia Home
A gas water heater contains a tank that holds a certain amount of hot water (measured in gallons) at a time before it needs some time to refill. While the average gas water heater can service multiple showers at a time, you may need to invest in a continuous flow gas water heater or a tankless water heater if you have a continuous demand for hot water in your Maryland or Virginia home. However, propane or gas water heaters offer many distinct advantages to homeowners, including the following:
- Energy Savings – Having a gas water heater installed can reduce your energy bills by as much as 10-50% on average. Since heating your water makes up at least 25% of your monthly energy bill, that’s significant energy savings over time.
- Less Expensive Installation – Installing a gas water heater is typically less expensive than a tankless water heater. If you’re looking to spend less upfront, you can’t go wrong with a gas water heater.
- A Long Lifespan – While it’s true that a tankless water heater may last up to 20 years with the proper maintenance, a gas water heater isn’t far behind with an average lifespan of 10-12 years.
Why It’s Critical to Have Expert Gas Water Heater Installation
Whether you have a new home or one that could benefit from updated plumbing with a new gas water heater installation, Griffith Plumbing’s experienced plumbers can help. We have over 25 years of expertise installing and repairing gas water heaters in Hagerstown, as well as surrounding areas in Carroll, Frederick, Montgomery, and Washington Counties in Maryland and Berkeley, Howard, and Jefferson Counties in Virginia. You needn’t worry about your gas water heater installation when you entrust the job to our team. Here are a few reasons why it’s critical to have expert installation:
- Health Hazards – Potable water supplies may contain bacterial contaminations, including Legionella pneumophila, which is the bacteria that often causes Legionaries disease. Don’t gamble with your health. Rely on our technicians to ensure your water heater is set above 115 degrees Fahrenheit so that bacteria like Legionella pneumophila can’t build up inside your tank. Moreover, we’re trained to ensure your gas water heater’s vents are installed correctly to prevent your exposure to carbon monoxide gases produced by the fuel.
- Explosion Risks – If your water heater’s gas lines aren’t installed correctly, you run the risk of a tank explosion. Your gas water heater also has a Temperature and Pressure Relief Valve (TPR) to gauge how much pressure the tank can handle before it could explode. We can ensure your TPR is installed and functioning correctly, as well as examine your ignition source to prevent a water heater fire due to debris or dust buildup.
- Thermostat Issues – If your gas water heater has issues with its thermostat settings, this can result in higher energy bills, or worse, scalding temperatures. We’d be happy to take a look!
- Inefficient Sizing – If you don’t select the right size of gas water heater for your home, you’ll feel it in your monthly energy bills. If it’s too small for your space, your water heater will likely run continuously to try to correct the issue. We’re adept at matching you with the right tank for your residential or commercial needs.
- Water Leaks – Gas water heaters that aren’t appropriately installed often cause water leaks, which may result in mold growth and water damage to your property.
Contact Us for the Latest Energy-Efficiency Requirements
With frequently changing energy-efficiency standards and new hot water heating technology being developed, it can be challenging knowing which gas water heater is best for your specific needs. Not to worry; Griffith Plumbing will help match the right gas water heater to your Maryland or Virginia home. We’re dedicated to helping you find the most energy-efficient gas water heater. Enjoy hot showers again – and save money! Contact us today for effective water heater repair or installation in Hagerstown, MD and the surrounding areas.
**Do you have an 80-gallon tank? Due to federal law, standards and requirements for the size production of water heaters have changed, and 80-gallon tanks were replaced with 75-gallon tanks. Contact us today for more information!