Expert Sewer Line Repair in Frederick
24-Hour Emergency Services from Griffith Plumbing
If you’re like many home or business owners, you probably tend to take your sewer lines for granted until you need a sewer line repair. Frederick County and surrounding area homeowners in Maryland and Virginia rely on Griffith Plumbing for efficient sewer line repairs. Our experienced plumbers have a keen understanding of how sewer lines work and know what to look for when troubleshooting issues. From clearing clogged sewer lines to other sewer line repairs and replacements, our team offers 24-hour emergency plumbing services to help put your mind at ease. Feel free to call our 24-hour emergency service hotline today to schedule an appointment for service!
The Most Common Sewer Line Repairs We Provide in MD & VA
Your property’s main sewer line is essential to the efficient operation of your entire plumbing system because all of your drains, pipes, and fixtures are connected to it in some shape or form. Sewer lines located close to trees, as well as older systems with clay pipes instead of PVC pipes, may require repair or replacement sooner than others. However, no matter the condition of your sewer pipes, they will eventually wear out. The most common issues we see with sewer lines include the following:
- Blockages – Sewer line blockage may be caused by a buildup of grease, hair, or other debris inside your pipes. When your sewer lines are blocked, it causes restricted water flow, which may ultimately cause a water leak or broken pipes. Our team specializes in drain cleaning services.
- Corroded Pipes – Over time, your plumbing system’s pipes will corrode because of continued exposure to harsh elements. When this happens, your pipes may collapse or break. Corroded pipes generally need to be replaced rather than repaired.
- Tree Root Damage – Because your sewer lines are located underground, tree roots often cause damages. Tree roots sprawl across your property looking for sources of water, which your sewer line can provide. When your tree roots begin growing into your sewer lines, it usually results in a messy blockage and leak.
How We Assess and Troubleshoot for Sewer Pipe Issues
You may be wondering how we’re able to assess what needs to be done for your sewer pipe repair. Griffith Plumbing utilizes the latest technology, including sewer drain line cameras, to diagnose issues. It used to be more difficult to diagnose plumbing problems without a costly excavation because your sewer lines run underground. However, today’s plumbing cameras are waterproof and able to fit a variety of pipe sizes. They’re also sophisticated enough to pan, rotate, or zoom in to view what’s going on inside your system, which makes diagnosing the issue quick and accurate. We no longer have to dig up multiple random spots in the yard trying to find the damage or clog!
Recognizing When You Need to Call Us for a Sewer Line Repair
Dealing with sewer line repairs is often unpleasant, and at times, even overwhelming. The earlier you diagnose a problem with your sewer lines, the less likely it is you will have a mess on your hands. Here are some signs you should be on the lookout for when deciding if it’s time to call the sewer line repair experts at Hagerstown’s Griffith Plumbing:
- A Sewage Smell – You shouldn’t ever notice a sewage smell in your home or yard. This is a huge red flag that you could have a potential sewer backup. It’s time to call your friendly neighborhood plumber right away.
- A Soggy Yard – A soggy yard is more than an eyesore. It could be hazardous to your health, as bacteria could fester inside that cesspool in your yard. Not to mention, nuisance wildlife, such as rodents and insects, are often attracted to the smell of raw sewage.
- Sluggish Drains – If you’ve noticed slow drains or inconsistent water levels, there’s likely a clog somewhere in your sewer system. Our plumbing technicians would be happy to take a look and fix it for you.
- Gurgling Pipes – Ask any plumber, and they’ll tell you that gurgling noises erupting from your pipes is never a healthy sign. Your pipes should be seen and not heard.
Need a Sewer Line Repair? Call Griffith Plumbing Anytime!
Do you suspect you need a sewer line repair in your Hagerstown home or business? Give Griffith Plumbing a call, day or night, to request service in Maryland or Virginia. We proudly service Washington, Frederick, Montgomery, and Carroll County in Maryland, as well as Howard, Jefferson, and Berkeley County in Virginia. Our plumbers would be happy to take a look at whatever’s bothering you, whether it’s your sewer lines or your water heater. Call us 24/7!